Monday, October 20, 2014

Say It Again

“Some things are worth being said again and again.”
Loren Thornburg

With some people the conversation doesn’t seem complete without those three words, “I love you.”  Sometimes I have thought it seemed unnecessary to keep saying it.  Doesn’t the person know?  Do they think the other person forgot from when they told them the day before?  Yet the more I see my need to keep what’s true at the forefront of my mind and thoughts the more I realize the importance of each, “I love you.”  It’s not because we didn’t know, but because it’s important to bring to the front of our minds.  Often it is not a matter of telling the person something that they didn’t know, but of reminding them of what is true.  We need to remember and yet we are prone to forget.  Some things we need to hear over and over again.  Some things we need to say over and over again. So say it again and hear it again, really hear it, that you would remember not to forget what’s true.  

“…then watch yourself, that you do not forget the Lord who brought you from the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.”
Deuteronomy 6:12 NASB


One thing you see throughout the Old Testament, especially in Deuteronomy, is the call to remember not to forget.  The Lord says it over and over again.  It seems the people must have needed lots of reminders.  We are just like these people.  We need lots of reminders of what’s true.  We need to be reminded of who God is and what He has already done.  If I don’t remember then I forget.  It’s when I lose sight of this that I begin to wander from the only One who can bring me hope, life and joy.  There is so much that our days require from us that it’s easy to forget to remember Him.  Responsibilities, people, pain, and circumstances all beg for our attention.  So then we must watch ourselves, that we don’t forget the Lord.  Let us remember not to forget the truth of who He is and who He says you are in Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment