Sunday, June 7, 2015

Love Moves Slow

The journey of the heart is best if you let it move slow.

After my recent trip to Asia I am reminded how real the effects of jet lag are on our bodies.  In the midst of my slow recovery a friend reminded me that we weren’t made to go that far that fast.  I can’t help but think that’s true for more than jet lag, but with our hearts as well.  I often find that I want my heart to move faster than it does.  I want healing faster than it comes.  The journey to freedom has no shortcuts and forgiveness takes longer than I want. So then I must wait.  I must go slow with my heart and let it take as long as it takes.  It’s not a race but a journey.  The journey of the heart is best if you let it move slow.       

“Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!”
Psalm 27:14 ESV

Wait!  You see this command many times throughout scripture.  It seems I’m not alone in my impatience for God to move.  I wanted Him to do things yesterday and yet He is in no hurry.  Sometimes it’s hard to trust that His timing is timely.  Sometimes He seems to move so slow.  Yet when I question His timing I can’t help but be reminded that He made time.  He is the author of time and the overseer of all times.  I’m reminded of all the times before where I saw His timing work out and was even thankful it didn’t happen as quick as I wanted.  He is so patient with me in my frequent slowness to turn to Him.  Yes, let me wait for Him!  Let our hearts take courage and wait for Him.  His timing is worth the wait.  His love moves slow, yet His love is always moving.  May it move you to wait and trust the Lord.  

Check out Audrey Assad’s song, Love Moves Slow…

No comments:

Post a Comment