Monday, March 23, 2009

Known Unknown

“You don’t have to know, when you don’t go it alone.”
Loren Thornburg

Have you ever ridden with a friend to a place they know well, but you have never been to before? I find the experience is so different than if I were to try to figure it out myself. By myself in a new place I find I am constantly wondering how to get there, if I am going the right way, when I will be there and all sorts of questions of confusion. However, when I am riding with someone who has been there before I trust that they know the way and I don’t have to. It may still be unknown to me but I am with someone that knows. Life hands us many situations filled with unknowns. But we don’t have to go it alone in the unknown. We can reach out to those around us who know, to those who have been this way before, and let them help us guide the way. It may save you a lot of confusion, detours, U-turns, and stress along the way if you just don’t go it alone. Bring someone who knows into your unknown.

“I am holding you by your right hand—I, the Lord your God. And I say to you, ‘Do not be afraid. I am here to help you. Despised though you are, O Israel, don’t be afraid, for I will help you. I am the Lord, your Redeemer. I am the Holy One of Israel.’”
Isaiah 41:13 NLT

Who better to bring into our unknown than the Lord, who is all-knowing. He knows all of what has been and all of what will be. He knows you inside and out, when you sit and rise. He knows where you have been and where you will go. He has seen it before you were even thought of and this is the God that wants to hold your hand. He knows all of who you are in its best and worst. There are no surprises with Him. He won’t take you by the hand and then change His mind because you weren’t who He thought you were. No, He knows it all and still asks that we would take His hand for He wants to guide us through our unknowns for they are known to Him. He is saying, ‘Let me take your hand and show you the way. I have been here before. You can trust me. It may not look like you thought, but still, you don’t have to be afraid because I am here to help you. I am the Almighty God, the Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel. And I am good and working all things for your good. Will you let me? Will you let me take your hand? I promise you won’t regret it.’

No comments:

Post a Comment