Sunday, February 6, 2011

Party through the Process

“Change is a constant so let us constantly enjoy.”
Loren Thornburg

Moving is a process. For me it has become a 6 month and still going process with no signs of completion any time soon. In the midst of packing boxes and wondering when I would ever be done “transitioning” I realized I never will. I don’t mean I will be moving for the rest of my life, although at times it can feel that way. I mean throughout all of our lives we are constantly transitioning. We are always in the middle of some sort of process. Whether it’s new classes, new friends, new schools, new job, new responsibilities, new relationships, or the loss of any of those things and more. Life is constantly changing. Seeing this in the midst of my move I was reminded of something more profound than the fact that things are always changing...I can enjoy them “while” they are changing. I don’t have to wait until things are settled to be settled and enjoy where I am. Even more, when we invite others to join us in our process and join them in theirs we can even party through the process. Now parts of moving are hard and parts of change are hard, but there are also parts to celebrate and parts to enjoy. So when it’s time you don’t have to wait you can party now, though the process remains.

“I’ve told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I’ve conquered the world.”
John 16:33 MSG

Jesus knew about change and transitions. He was a man on the move and on a mission. He is also a God fully aware of process. Step by step He was moving towards His destiny for our eternity. He lived a process that conquered the world so that now in our processes we really can “take heart” and be confident, assured and unshaken while we walk through things that shake us. He offers us peace not because we won’t have any difficulties but peace that will sustain us as we are in the middle of them. It starts with trusting Him. Yes, in trusting Him is how we can live deeply at peace when life isn’t peaceful. In trusting Him is how we can be settled though everything is unsettled. In trusting Him we can party through the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment