Sunday, February 13, 2011

More than this Moment

“It’s about more than right now, it’s about more than today.
This season is shaping you and preparing the way.”
Loren Thornburg

Recently I have seen how the things of before have prepared me for today, which means the things of today are preparing me for what’s next. There are some things that naturally make sense as preparation for the next. High school prepares you for college, college prepares you for a job and a job prepares you for the next. There is a natural sequence to those things. Yet, there are other things that are preparing us in ways less obvious. When I look at my life I can see how seasons of brokenness have prepared me to relate with others and how times of things going well have given me strength to walk through times that don’t go well. It’s the things I learned in my last season that I am using to walk through this season in ways I don’t always see. Sometimes I get glimpses of those things and those glimpses encourage me for right now. For I know that right now is not just about right now, but it is preparing me for what comes next. So know that this moment is bigger than this moment...it’s preparing you for the moments to come.

“...I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead.”
Philippians 3:13 NLT

God is never finished with us. He is always making and molding us to be more like Him. He doesn’t look at our past and disqualify us for opportunities to come, but instead He takes our past and redeems it as part of preparation for the plans He has for us. He is using this season He has you in right now. It’s not just about this struggle or this celebration, but it’s about trusting Him with it now because He is also using it for what lies ahead. He is not done with you. He has more. Part of the more includes what is happening today. No matter how small the things of today seem they are bigger than they might first appear because they are preparing the way for the next step on the journey He has for you. God is never not using this moment to prepare you for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment