Monday, May 9, 2011

All You Need

“Sometimes we find ourselves searching for something more, when all that we need, we already have.”
Loren Thornburg

I often find myself walking around the house looking for the sunglasses that are on my head, or the keys that are in my pocket, or the pen I put behind my ear. We’ve all done it and are sure to do it again. It’s so interesting to me once I realize what I’ve done to know that I had what I needed the whole time I was looking. I wonder how I do that in things beyond the “missing” object. Searching for joy that it’s in the things around me, searching for growth that is taking place, searching for skills I already have, searching for confidence that’s there if I will grab it, searching for more when I have what I need. Like the moment I realize that the sunglasses I’ve looking for have been on my head the whole time; I want to see what I already have as part of finding what I’ve been searching for. How might what’s in front of you be part of what you’ve been searching for?

“It stands to reason, doesn’t it, that if the alive-and-present God who raised Jesus from the dead moves into your life, he’ll do the same thing in you that he did in Jesus, bringing you alive to himself? When God lives and breathes in you (and he does, as surely as he did in Jesus), you are delivered from that dead life. With his Spirit living in you, your body will be as alive as Christ’s!”
Romans 8:11 MSG

The Spirit of the “alive-and-present” God lives in you. That is powerful! The God who raised Jesus from the dead is the same God that lives and breathes in you. That means you are alive and you have power to share life with others. This also means that we have all that we need to do all God has called us to do. By His Spirit there is nothing that He can’t do in and through us. His Spirit lives in you and that is more than enough for all that you need. I seem to forget this in the midst of daily life. I forget how personally the Spirit lives in me for the little stuff too, to bring life to those things as well. He is alive and present to me, to you, here and now to be all that we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment