Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Aligned


“Our lives function best when they are aligned in the way they were created to function.”
Loren Thornburg
After going to the chiropractor I was reminded of something that I often experience after my spine is adjusted...I feel better.  I can’t explain it, but I find I have more energy and more life.  It doesn’t happen every time, but often enough that I can’t ignore the correlation.  I find I function better when I am aligned from the inside.  Our lives also function best when they are aligned and in line with the way we were created to function.   Beyond physical alignment your life works best and has the most life to it when it is in line with doing the thing you were created to do.  Aligned means to put things into correct or appropriate positions.  That means prioritizing and putting first things first.  It means using your strengths and gifts and making the most of how you have been created in your desires, gifts and personality.  To be aligned you have to get aligned.  Are you? 
“Search me thoroughly, O God, and know my heart!  Try me and know my thoughts!  And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”
Psalm 139:23-24 Amplified
David knew the importance of being spiritually aligned.  So much so that he sought after it and invited it in.  He knew that being aligned to the Lord and what the Spirit was doing in and through him would lead him in the way everlasting.  Our lives are the same.  When our hearts are put in the correct position with the Lord and one another we will indeed be led in the way of life, life and more life.  Now I didn’t say it would be painless.  Adjustments don’t come without some change which can be hard, but they put us in position to receive more life.  Invite Him in to put you in position to the way that He created you and designed you to live.  More than any doctor He knows exactly how to align your heart and life to more of His life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment