Monday, January 26, 2015

Space for Grace

While I don’t know the whole recipe for life, I know it calls for lots of grace.

The more I experience the snow of winter the more I find pictures of our seasons and storms in life.  Besides that winter requires more space because of snow on cars and tough road conditions; it also requires more grace.  Some of the general road rules have to be set aside at times during the snow.  When it’s really bad cars may have to drive through red lights because the roads won’t allow them to stop.  Yet even if just on days where the snow has covered the ground, parking between the lines is really just a guessing game.  I can’t be expected to know where the lines are if I can’t see them, nor can I expect anyone else to do the same.  This picture reminds me of how I need this same grace in my own life as well as for other people, especially in the midst of any level of storm or trial.  For someone who values doing things well and right this can be quite a feat to extend grace to myself and yet that is exactly what this season calls for me to do.  So whatever season you find yourself in, however far over the lines you park, let there be space in your life for grace.  You need it and so does everyone else.  


“Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
Hebrews 4:16 NASB

Our God is gracious.  He loves to extend His grace to us.  Prior to this verse we see that He is a God that can “sympathize with our weaknesses.”  Sometimes the hardest part about that is admitting that we have them.  Once we can get to that place of humility we can freely approach His grace that He longs for us to find.  His heart is that we would especially find this mercy and grace in our time of need.  We don’t need fancy words and we don’t need to have it all together.  Instead we can come without reservation, in confidence that the God who sees all and knows all is the One who can completely sympathize and understand what you are walking through.  Without condemnation He sees you longing to extend His grace in your time of need that you can extend that same grace to others.  It starts with His grace.  We need His grace.  Come walk free in His grace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment