Monday, January 2, 2012

Restart

“Dream anew, hope afresh, believe what’s true…it’s time.”
Loren Thornburg

Sometimes I wish my life had a restart option like my computer. I wish I could control-alt-delete on my day or on the choices I have made and restart them. It’s amazing how that helps many problems on the computer. Sometimes it just needs a good restart, a time to shut down and start again anew. I love this time of the year because it gives us a natural restart. It’s a time to dream, hope and believe that things can be different than they’ve been. The year has begun with a fresh slate of stories to unfold. How do you want your story to go this year? More than resolutions, more than goals...it’s time to hope.

“God, make a fresh start in me, shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.”
Psalm 51:10 Message

Not all of the glitches on my computer can be solved by a restart, nor does a new year make everything better. The best restart option for our lives is not control-alt-delete but a cry out to the One who created us. Just as you go to the computer experts why not go to the One who is the expert on you, the One who made you, who knows you, who loves you. It’s as simple as the cry in Psalm 51, “God, make a fresh start in me, make something new and better out of the chaos of my life.” He knows better than anyone else the best way to do that. He can give you the restart you’ve been looking for that’s more than a restart but a new start. He can take that very thing that stands in front of you and make it into something new, something good. Don’t miss Him in the midst of your chaos. He is waiting for you to come so He can make a fresh start in you...it’s time.

No comments:

Post a Comment