Monday, March 26, 2012

More than Chance

“Each moment writes a story. Each day directs the plot. Our lives are interwoven by purpose and design.”
Loren Thornburg

I went into Apple to have my computer worked on. I overheard the girl sitting right next to me share about her computer problem. All of her pictures from Burma weren’t showing up. Having been to Burma multiple times I have a love for that people and country. You don’t meet many people who have heard of it, let alone have been there. Yet, there I was seated right next to someone who had been there and knew what I knew about the beauty of the people. There was an instant connection in our rare shared experience. I love connections like that; a surprise encounter. I can’t help but feel so seen in the midst of it. As I looked back on it I saw there was more to it. I realized I changed my appointment three times before settling on that time. It made me wonder what other events have been ordered in my favor? Is there more if I took the time to look for them? Some of them smack us in the face, so big, they can’t go unnoticed but then are there more? There must be and I don’t want to miss them. They’ve been designed for me and I want to see it and feel seen in them.

“The LORD has established His throne in the heavens, And His sovereignty rules over all.”
Psalm 103:19 NASB

The Lord is sovereign. He designs and purposes divine appointments. I can’t help but be reminded of that after my encounter at Apple. It’s amazing how God can interweave billions of lives together so that each writes His story that He is sovereign and rules over all. It hurts my head to think about how that is possible but I can’t help but believe it’s true when I look at my life and when I hear stories of those around me. It’s more than chance that my life tells the story that it does. It’s more than chance that I am where I am now. There are only so many things you can chalk up to chance before you realize there is something bigger going on here...God. Nothing is by chance. God is established in the heavens with rule over our lives on earth. I am so thankful that I can trust that He is in control. He gives us reminders of that daily. Do you see them?

No comments:

Post a Comment