Monday, April 9, 2012

On a Hunt

“Look for it. It may be hidden. It’s waiting to be found. Go find it and look inside. There are treasures waiting for you.”
Loren Thornburg

It’s been a long time since I was a part of an Easter egg hunt but kids love it. Well, really it’s the combination of the search and what is inside of the eggs. I’m thinking that if the eggs were empty it might lose some of the appeal. However, since there is usually candy inside it’s worth the hunt. It reminds me that I’m in a hunt too. Not for Easter eggs with candy inside but for things in my day that may be hidden unless I am looking for them. Things that when I find them are filled with wonder, joy, and awe. I have to look for it. I have to look for the beauty that surrounds me. I have to look for the blessing disguised as an obstacle. I have to look for an opportunity. I have to look for it otherwise I might miss it and miss what’s inside. It won’t be pastel colored and easily recognizable like the eggs, but they are all around me. Treasures are waiting to be found, opened and enjoyed. When you look, then you will find. Don’t miss it. It might be right in front of you...Look and see what’s inside. It’s worth the hunt!

“Seek the Lord while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near.”
Isaiah 55:6 NKJV

The Lord is near and findable. He wants to be found. He loves to be found and He loves to find you. It is not that He is hiding but that He is so in the midst of every part of our lives that we miss Him. We mistake Him for something else, something of coincidence, something normal. So look again. Do you see Him? He is in the beauty of the earth, the events of your day, the little things, the big things, the people, the hugs, the care, the healing. He is revealing Himself to you. Do you see Him? Don’t miss Him. He is near and He invites you to seek and find that the more you seek the more you will find Him. The more you find Him the more you find Life! Life is hidden in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment