Monday, March 10, 2014

Differently Wonderful

“Who you are is a purposeful design.  You are different and you are wonderful.”
Loren Thornburg

“The Voice” is a television show where people get a chance to perform for four accomplished musicians judged solely on their voice.  The range of sounds and styles is amazing.  Often it seems they are not looking for what they have already heard, but something uniquely amazing.  One of the judges once commented, “Never apologize for who you are.”  Oh how true.  Although we may need to apologize many times for the things that we do, who we are is not one of those things.  Who we are is a purposeful design.  It is differently wonderful and uniquely amazing.  We offer something no one else can…it’s who we are.  I’m not even talking about our talents and gifts although those are important and valuable.  Yet who you are in its essence offers something that no one else can.  Often this gets missed as we try to fit into who we wish we were or think we should be.  Yet, here is the truth:  You are different and you are wonderful. 

“You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.”
Psalm 139:13-14 NLT

David writes this psalm aware of who God is and how this amazing and all knowing God is involved in every detail of our design.  It’s crazy to think that the God who purposefully created the oceans and mountains purposefully created you.  Like everything else God does, it was an intentional design.  Often I wish I could change things about myself and yet God made me with that uniqueness on purpose and somehow calls it wonderful.  Sometimes it feels like I am too complex for my own good and yet that is part of the wonderful.  He made you uniquely amazing and wonderfully different.  You can trust the One who created the heavens and the earth.  He knows what He is doing with you.  Embrace His design in all of it’s complexities.  The more you embrace it in you, the more you can enjoy it in others too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment