Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Dry Places

“When life gets dry, take time to soak.”
Loren Thornburg

I’ve noticed that when my hands are dry they are more easily cut.  Things that normally would not leave a mark cut through the skin.  My life is not much different.  When I am in a dry season of life, where I’m not getting filled with things that refresh me I get cut much easier.  Only this time it’s not my skin, but my heart and soul.  Just like my skin needs more hydration through lotion and water in dry seasons, so does my heart.  I can’t expect my heart to respond the same in these hard seasons.  It needs more springs of life.  If you find you are getting easily cut it might be time to find what brings you life and soak in it.  

“For He satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things.”
Psalm 107:9 ESV

God loves to satisfy the longing soul!  This psalm speaks over and over of His steadfast love for those who will turn to Him.  When we are walking through a dry place He knows exactly how to meet us and fill us with good things to revive our soul.    Life brings many hard spaces leaving us broken and dry.  Some days and some seasons require more soaking than others.  Let God restore you in the places life has cut you.  The more you can soak in Him, the more you will find the refreshing that keeps you full of life and not so easily cut.  It is Him that you need to soak in, letting His steadfast love pour over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment