Sunday, April 6, 2014

Not by Sight

"Even when there seems to be no hope in sight...walk on in faith."
Loren Thornburg

There is always something more going on that I can’t see.  I was reminded of this when after a month under a new doctor’s care I wasn’t feeling any different.  However, both he and another doctor noted that my color was better.  I wasn’t able to see this difference but it indicates a change in my health on a deeper level.  I couldn’t have seen this on my own.  It reminds me how small and slow change happens and there is always more going on than I can see.  Even in your circumstance there is so much more going on than what you can see.  This gives us hope that the change we desire may be happening in ways so slow and small it’s hard to see.  We need help to see and we need patience to endure.  Even more, we need faith to believe when no change is in sight.  Even when it seems no change is in sight…walk on. 

“…for we walk by faith, not be sight…”
2 Corinthians 5:7

Following Jesus requires more than sight.  We see this spoken of all throughout scripture including here in 2 Corinthians when Paul is referring to our assurance of the resurrection.  With each opportunity to trust Jesus there is also the challenge to walk not by sight, but by faith.  It is the only way to follow Jesus.  So it seems we should expect to endure even when we can see no signs of hope.  We can walk on regardless of what we see for faith endures beyond what’s seen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment