Sunday, September 28, 2014

Welcome the Process

“Sometimes it’s more than where we are going, but what we find on the way.”
Loren Thornburg

Although there are many seasons of life I would rather not repeat it is often those same seasons that I don’t want to delete.  I did not enjoy the process of figuring out what I was going to do after grad school.  It felt so purposeless and confusing.  I wasn’t sure I would ever find anything I enjoyed.  Although it sounds nice to have been able to fast forward past the waiting to the part where I find a job I love, I learned so much in that season that I wouldn’t want to miss.  I found the hard is what allowed me to enter into what I love.  It was in that season that I learned to wait and persevere.  It was also there that I learned more about what I love.  All of those things were essential for what came next.  This is how life goes with seasons of necessary hard in ways we couldn’t imagine.

“It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance. He went without knowing where we was going…They did not receive what was promised, but they saw it all from a distance and welcomed it…” Hebrews 11:8-13 NLT

Abraham never saw the things God promised would happen.  Yet it seems what he found on the way to those promises was more than enough.  He found God, a faithful God he could put faith in regardless of what he saw.  Abraham obeyed without knowing where he was headed.  Does that sound familiar?  God often calls His people to step out in faith without knowing what’s coming next.  Abraham didn’t even ever see exactly what God was doing and where he was taking him, yet he still held onto faith.  He could welcome it from a distance without reaching the goal he set out towards because of his faithful God.  This is our same faithful God that calls us out into the unknown and asks that we trust and let Him be enough regardless of where He takes us.  God has places He wants to take us, but what’s more He wants us to find Him on the way.  For Him it’s always been about relationship with Him.  God knows that at our core that is more than we could have ever imagined.  

No comments:

Post a Comment