Sunday, May 10, 2009

Even Here

“Even here in the pain, even here in the sadness, even here in the desperation there is hope.
It is here if you will grab it, letting go of all else, it is hope that is enough…even here.”
Loren Thornburg

Hope is like the sun. It always exists, you just can’t always see it. The other morning I ventured to watch the sun rise to find disappointment in finding only clouds. Yet, in fact, I was at sun rise for the sun did rise; I just couldn’t see it behind the clouds. The same is true of hope in our lives. Hope is still there in our cloudy days and in the storm of all storms days. We may not see it, but like the sun it is there. Our eyes are not the determiner of hope, nor are our emotions, just as clouds are not the determiners of the existence of the sun. Clouds, like pain, only make it harder to see the hope. So just know that whether you see hope or not, whether you feel the hope or not, whether it seems there is reason to hope or not…there is. Just like the sun hope is always there. Yes, even here, in your pain, there is hope.

“Even there shall Your hand lead me and Your right hand shall hold me.”Psalm 139:10 Amplified

So often we feel outside of redeemable, outside of restorable, outside of the hands of God. But, once again, our feelings are not truth. For God has said, even there He will lead us, even there He will hold us. Even there, right here, wherever you are, is never too far for the hand of God. So regardless of where you are, what you’ve done, or how you feel listen to this truth…even there His hand will lead you, even there His hand will hold you. But don’t just take it from me. Listen to Him say it to you. He is speaking to you.
“Child, there is nowhere you can go that I won’t be there. Even in this place, even here, in your pain, in your sin, in your desperation. Child, even there My hand will guide you, My strength will support you, My hand will hold you. It will hold you through your tears, through your shame, through your confusion. But, Child, what’s even more is these things are already true. Even now, My hand IS guiding you, even now My strength IS supporting you, and even now my hand IS holding you. For even now I AM! So Child, take hold of My hand! I long to hold you, I desire to lead you, I love to love you, My Child.”.

No comments:

Post a Comment