Sunday, May 17, 2009

Where are you looking

“Often times it’s not because it’s not there, but because you’re not looking”
Loren Thornburg

I remember getting my Honda Accord only to notice that it was everywhere. I hadn’t noticed it until I was now looking for it since I had one. Or those days I am feeling sorry for myself I can make long lists of reason why my life is so hard. It seems I find what I am looking for. Yet what if I began looking for things to be thankful for?! What might happen then? I might find them!! When you start looking, you start finding it is all around you. So often I become so focused on what’s wrong that I miss what’s right! Don’t miss it! It’s right in front of you…if you will only start looking. Where are you looking?

“Keep on asking and you will be given what you ask for. Keep on looking and you will find. Keep on knocking and the door will be opened.”
Matthew 7:7 NLT

Keep on looking and you will find…Jesus! What are you looking for today? In need of help, in need of comfort, in need of saving, in need of hope? It is all around you because He is all around you. He has said He will supply all of your needs if we will be willing to ask and keep on asking, look and keep on looking, knock and keep on knocking. He knows what you need even before you ask, look or knock. But will you be willing to look? So often it seems I get caught in finding all the ways I am not finding that which I think I need. Yet when I begin looking to Him rather than to my needs I find what I am looking for. I find this verse that once seemed like a nice idea becomes truth.. It was not that I wasn’t given, finding or doors weren’t opened, but that I wasn’t asking, looking, and knocking for Him. Start looking…you just might find…Jesus. And where you find Jesus you just might find all you have been looking for. He is opening doors for you! Look for Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment